More from Author Ben Oakley here: https://globelivemedia.com/author/ben-oakley/
Beijing, Jan 21 (EFE)- Baptized in honor of a goddess who, according to Chinese mythology, lives on the Moon, the Chang’e program of the Asian power took a giant step last December after landing on the moon and bringing back Moon rock samples are brought back to Earth on the promise that they will be shared with scientists in other countries.
However, the deputy director of the Center for Lunar Exploration and Space Program of the China National Space Administration (ANEC), Pei Zhaoyu, admitted at the aforementioned event that the probe brought 1,731 grams instead of the two kilos expected.
He also noted that 80% of the samples will be used for research – the remaining 20% will be stored – and that the country will share them “with scientists from around the world” for a period of up to six months, although they have not yet been received applications from abroad.
Not surprisingly, it is the US laws that limit its NASA space agency to collaborate directly with Beijing.
The diplomat hopes that Argentine scientists will be able to access the samples to study them -whether in mixed research teams or on their own- “and, hopefully, contribute to the knowledge and a greater understanding of the Moon.”
Ben Oakley is the guy you can really trust when it comes to Mainstream News. Whether it is something happening at the Wall Street of New York City or inside the White House in Washington, D.C., no one can cover mainstream news like Ben. Get a daily dose of Trustworthy News by Ben Oakley, only at Globe Live Media.