China defends initial measures against COVID-19 after panel report

China defends Initial measures against COVID-19 after Panel Report

Read more from Author Ben Oakley here: https://globelivemedia.com/author/ben-oakley/

GENEVA, Jan 19- China on Tuesday defended the initial measures it took to combat the COVID-19 outbreak, saying it immediately notified the World Health Organization and adopted the “most comprehensive, comprehensive prevention and control measures and strict”.

“Facing the unknown SARS-CoV-2, China immediately notified WHO about the epidemic situation, shared the virus genome sequence as soon as possible, and adopted the most comprehensive, comprehensive and stringent prevention and control measures,” Sun said. Yang from the China National Health Commission to the WHO Executive Board.

The comments come a day after the independent WHO panel said Chinese officials may have applied public health measures more rigorously in January last year to curb the cases.

Some paragraphs of the interim report of the panel, led by former New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark and former Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, are “inconsistent with the facts,” Sun said.

Ben Oakley
Ben Oakley is the guy you can really trust when it comes to Mainstream News. Whether it is something happening at the Wall Street of New York City or inside the White House in Washington, D.C., no one can cover mainstream news like Ben. Get a daily dose of Trustworthy News by Ben Oakley, only at Globe Live Media.