The Covid-19 Death Toll in Honduras rises to 3,913 in 11 months

The Covid-19 Death Toll in Honduras rises to 3,913 in 11 months

The death toll from covid-19 in Honduras rose to 3,913 this Tuesday since the pandemic began to spread in March 2020, while infections now total 161,727, according to the report newspaper of the state-run National Risk Management System (Sinager).

The agency indicated that with 20 new confirmed deaths, there are 3,913 in the 11-month pandemic.
The Central American country has faced the pandemic with multiple deficiencies in the health system and reports of alleged corruption in the purchase of medical supplies and equipment.
Of 2,865 new laboratory tests, 744 were positive with covid-19, the health entity indicated in a statement, for a total of 161,727 infected.
In addition, according to the Sinager, 1,057 Hondurans are hospitalized for having contracted the disease, of which 609 have a stable clinical picture, 401 are seriously ill and 47 are in intensive care units.
125 new recovered patients are added, with which the number increased to 63,471.
According to health authorities, the departments of Cortés and Francisco Morazán, in the north and center, respectively, continue to be the ones that have registered the most cases of infections and deaths since the beginning of the pandemic.
Cortés, the region with the highest economic, commercial and industrial growth, has close to 49,000 infections and 1,250 deaths.
Francisco Morazán adds around 43,500 infections and 1,000 deaths.
The deceased in Cortés represent 31.7%, while those of Francisco Morazán 23.9%, for a total of 55.6% of the global registry at the national level, according to health authorities.
The remaining 44.4% are distributed among the 16 departments of the 18 that Honduras has, a country with 9.5 million inhabitants, of which more than 60 percent are poor.
In the order, the departments with the most cases of deaths in the country are Atlántida, in the Caribbean, with about 222, representing 5.7%, and Comayagua, in the center, with about 217, 5.6%.
According to new official versions, the first free vaccines that Honduras will receive will no longer arrive in the second week of February, as the Government had reported, but until March, a date pending confirmation. 

Ben Oakley
Ben Oakley is the guy you can really trust when it comes to Mainstream News. Whether it is something happening at the Wall Street of New York City or inside the White House in Washington, D.C., no one can cover mainstream news like Ben. Get a daily dose of Trustworthy News by Ben Oakley, only at Globe Live Media.