Amid the concern of national authorities about an increase in coronavirus cases across the country, the journalist Julia Mengolini announced with great pain the death of her father because of the virus, which has already claimed the lives of more than 41 thousand people in Argentina.
Mengolini had already warned about his father’s health on December 15, through his Twitter account. “My dad is in intensive care fighting for his life. He took care of himself all year long and made a mistake when everyone started to relax: went to a birthday where many others were infected. Take care of your old people. Nothing happens if they do not see a Christmas in their lives, “he wrote on that occasion.
Last Friday he uploaded a series of old photos of his parents, which included one taken during their marriage, and made a deep reflection: “When things started to get complicated, Dad put him to sleep in intensive care, my mother managed to tell her that she felt privileged to have lived such a great love, a passion that lasted more than 50 years. I know, they are going to tell me that the love of life does not exist and all that, but I saw it, I was a witness: perhaps it was not necessary, it is true, but it exists and every so often it happens ”.
This Saturday afternoon, the journalist went once again to social networks to announce the sad news. “My dad passed away. He was strong and healthy and had a long battery life. But he already had 78 balls and COVID finished with him in just 10 days. Take care of yours during these Holidays. You can toast Zoom and wait a little longer for that hug. I won’t be able to hug my dad anymore, ”he said.
The words of support from his followers did not take long to arrive after the publication of his tweet. Among them are some famous people, such as Pablo Echarri, who told: “What a great shame, Julia. I send a big hug to you and your family”. In the same sense, the deputy for the City of Buenos Aires expressed Gabriela Cerruti: “Big hug, Juli dear, to you and your precious family.”
After a long period of decline, from September 1 to two weeks ago, the City of Buenos Aires registered a stabilization of coronavirus cases and “a change in trend“Acknowledged the Buenos Aires Minister of Health, Fernan Quirós, at a press conference held last Friday. According to the official, the moving average of the last seven days increased to an average of 350 cases per day. “It is clear from the data: there has been a change in trend and in recent days there has been a small increase in cases in the City,” he said.
In relation to the health situation and the contagion curve and its evolution, the minister communicated data regarding the Responsible Vacation operation: “26,006 tests have already been carried out on locals who went to rest the last long weekend. There were 112 positives, that is, of the porteños who went on vacation, 6 out of every 1,000 brought the virus”.
I KEEP READING
Julia Mengolini said that her father is in serious condition after contracting coronavirus: “He is in intensive care fighting for his life”
Coronavirus in Argentina: 138 deaths and 7,002 new infections confirmed in the last 24 hours
Increase in COVID-19 cases in Argentina: are we facing a regrowth?
Benjamin Netanyahu was the first to get Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine in Israel
Melissa Galbraith is the World News reporter for Globe Live Media. She covers all the major events happening around the World. From Europe to Americas, from Asia to Antarctica, Melissa covers it all. Never miss another Major World Event by bookmarking her author page right here.