More from Author Brent Dubin here: https://globelivemedia.com/author/brent-dubin/
Game news We take stock of Hitman 3: gameplay, destinations, new features
Agent 47 is back in service in January 2021 to conclude an adventure between him and the Providence agency and its former employers. Hitman 3 wants to conclude the “World of Assassination” trilogy in style. IO Interactive is thus refining a “sandbox” formula that has proven itself without distorting it… which should delight fans of this cold-blooded assassin.
- Hitman 3 is developed and self-published by Danish studios IO Interactive.
- Hitman 3 will be released on January 20, 2021 on Google Stadia, Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X / S.
- On Nintendo Switch, Hitman 3 will be playable in streaming (cloud gaming).
- On PC, Hitman 3 is an Epic Games Store exclusive when it launches.
- The first two episodes of the trilogy, namely Hitman (2017) and Hitman 2 (2018), are included in Hitman 3 for a total of 100 GB on the hard drive once the game is installed.
- The Next Gen update for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series will be free for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players, either for the physical or digital versions.
- The Standard and Deluxe physical editions will be distributed in Europe.
- Standard Edition (€ 59.99 on PC / € 69.99 on consoles).
- Deluxe Edition (€ 89.99). It includes exclusive content: Escalades Contracts, costumes, Deluxe items, the soundtrack, the “World of Hitman” book in digital format and a director’s commentary.
- Pre-orders give access to the “Trinity” pack including 3 weapons, 3 cases and 3 costumes.
- This third episode is the conclusion of the “World of Assassination” trilogy that began in 2017 with Hitman.
- You play as Agent 47, an assassin formerly in the service of the Providence agency, now at war with his former employers.
- 6 new destinations await Agent 47, who will once again travel to the four corners of the globe:
- Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
- Dartmoor (United Kingdom)
- Berlin (Germany)
- Chongqing (China)
- Mendoza (Argentine)
- Carpathians (Romania)
- IO Interactive retains the “sandbox” philosophy of the previous episodes by multiplying the approaches and the plots (scenarios) in order to eliminate the various targets, and to fulfill certain secondary objectives.
- The formula “stealth / concealment / infiltration” changed very little between Hitman 3 and its predecessors. Agent 47 can use his Instinct, disguise himself, use many items / weapons, trigger accidents, hide bodies, etc.
- Among the new features, Agent 47 can use a camera to hack magnetic locks and pick up clues.
- Hitman 3 also offers shortcuts within the levels to reward the curious.
- Several modes are available:
- Campaign: Complete the main adventure and the 6 missions that make it up.
- Fugitive Targets: Hunt down and eliminate a single target during challenges that drastically reduce the aids given to Agent 47.
- Escalations: Complete required objectives while complying with growing restrictions and bypassing added complications as the mission progresses.
- Contracts: Create your own missions, complete them, and share them with the community.
- Sniper Assassin: Eliminate one or more targets from a distance without being spotted while completing various challenges to increase his final score.
- Crowd technology can now display and generate groupings of up to 300 individuals (NPCs – non-player characters).
- IO Interactive’s in-house “Glacier” engine benefits from several improvements including light and reflection effects.
- Hitman 3 runs in 4K at 60 frames / second on PC (depending on configurations).
- Hitman 3 does not offer any multiplayer mode.
- Hitman 2’s “Ghost” mode servers have been closed since the end of August 2020.
- Hitman 3 is playable in first-person VR exclusively on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 with PlayStation VR, but without PS Move.
- PS4 version is required to play in VR on PS5.
By Silent_Jay, Journalist globelivemedia.com
Brent Dubin, known as the Gaming Giant among Globe Live Media staff, is the chief Gaming Reporter for Globe Live Media. Having attended all the major events of Gaming around the World, he is sure to give you exactly the update related to gaming World you are looking for.