In January 2021, console sales in England jumped 148 percent. It sold more than 150,000 devices.
The Xbox Series X/S sold better than the PS5
The Xbox Series X/S was able to take the lead, followed by the Nintendo Switch. Sony’s PS5 only came in third. But this has to do with the fact that there were hardly any PS5 copies to buy in England in the first two weeks of January. Also the Xbox Series X (buy now ) was hard to come by, but Microsoft’s console was easier to buy than the PS5.
In terms of games, 941,672 boxed games went over the counter in January, an increase of seven percent over the previous year. Here you can see the top 20 best-selling games in January 2021 in England:
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo)
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (Nintendo)
- Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
- Just Dance 2021 (Ubisoft)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (Activision Blizzard)
- Minecraft Switch (Nintendo/Microsoft)
- FIFA 21 (EA)
- Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo)
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Sony)
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Ubisoft)
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars (Nintendo)
- Hitman 3 (IO Interactive)
- New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe (Nintendo)
- Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo)
- 51 Worldwide Games (Nintendo)
- Immortals Fenyx Rising (Ubisoft)
- LEGO Harry Potter Collection (Warner Bros)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
- Pokémon Sword (Nintendo)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
It is also interesting that when it comes to gaming accessories, the Xbox wireless controller in carbon black was the best-selling accessory. Closely followed by the DualSense controller on the PS5 and the DualShock 4 controller on the PS4. In general, it can be said that gaming in England in January 2021 remained extreme and gamers spent a lot of money on their hobby.
Brent Dubin, known as the Gaming Giant among Globe Live Media staff, is the chief Gaming Reporter for Globe Live Media. Having attended all the major events of Gaming around the World, he is sure to give you exactly the update related to gaming World you are looking for.