Valheim has received a new patch. And it not only fixes a few bugs and glitches, but also tinkers with the difficulty of its bosses. In the following we provide you with an overview of what update 0.146.8 changes in Valheim and list all the patch notes for you.
The most important changes in patch 0.146.8
Bosses get tougher: With the new patch, the bosses of Valheim should present a greater challenge. Specifically, it is about three of the five bosses who are supposed to challenge you more in their arguments – more on this in the spoiler box below.
And according to the developers, this has a very simple point: The Valheim players simply flattened most of the bosses far too quickly. On Twitter specified developer Richard Svensson what changes were made to three of the five bosses:
- Bone paunch: The cooldown of his melee attacks has been increased
- Moder: Receives 2,500 additional life points
- Yagluth: Resistances have been adjusted and his life points have been doubled
“Mosquitos” are easier to spot: With patch 0.146.9 Valheim gets – attention, thigh knockers – a bug fix in the truest sense of the word. The (rather disgusting) Deathsquitos are now easier to discover, as the range of their ominous whirring has been increased slightly.
So you shouldn’t be surprised by the nasty bloodsuckers quite so often.
Save-File-Bug fixed: In addition, an error is now a thing of the past that put your scores at risk or corrupted your game world. Logging out of Valheim and quitting the game with ALT + F4 at the same time led to this – but now this game error is said to have been eliminated.
By the way: Should you be playing Valheim with friends on a dedicated server, we recommend that you update and restart it. In this way, you prevent a black screen when you return to Valheim.
You should also note that your character or your saved game will no longer be available with a previous version of Valheim once you have loaded it in patch 0.146.8.
The patch notes for update 0.146.8
The patch notes for update 0.146.8 can be found on the official Steam page of the developers. We have listed them here as well:
- Crafting item-dupe bug fix
- Harpooned player & ship bug fix
- Fixed player ragdoll
- Bonemass,Moder,Yagluth difficulty tweaks
- Moder music updated
- Tombstone bugfix (probably wont fix disappearing tombstones though)
- Fixed world corruption caused by pressing ALT+F4 while logging out.
- Deathsquitos have slightly longer audio range
- Tweaked audio on blast-furnace & spinning wheel
- Shared map position setting is saved per world
- Updated network stats (F2)
- Building destruction drop-fix
- Vulkan support in windows builds
- Network disconnection bugfix
- Updated socket-backend
By the way, if you need help or just inspiration for your struggle for survival, we have a bunch of tips, tricks and guides for Valheim ready. We’ll tell you how to do farming and crafting, optimize the technology for your PC or just kill trolls. Just go to our ‘Gaming’ category and look for Valheim posts, you will find whatever you need.
Brent Dubin, known as the Gaming Giant among Globe Live Media staff, is the chief Gaming Reporter for Globe Live Media. Having attended all the major events of Gaming around the World, he is sure to give you exactly the update related to gaming World you are looking for.