On the occasion of the National Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Week, campaign that takes place in the United States every year. As it could not be missing, Xbox has been involved in this celebration contributing ideas of inclusion to promote a healthy environment and against racial discrimination; in this way they will support young black people to believe in a future in the video game industry.
Project Amplify, a new inclusion movement by Xbox
This project consists of showing 14 success stories of racialized developers in the video game industry; In this way, being able to empathize with them and create around their figure is a must for young people who are afraid of exposing themselves to unequal markets.
This initiative was launched with a trailer where we can be moved by some stories that, perhaps, are not as simple as we initially believed:
- Marcus Morgan : Head of Strategy and Operations at Obsidian Entertainment;
- Jean-Emile Elien : Software Architect Partner at Microsoft;
- Kim Williams – Osborne : Licensing Director at Turn 10;
- Aaliyah Burroughs : program administrator for xCloud;
- Nayomi Mitchell : software engineer for the Xbox app;
- James Lewis : senior leader of creative partner programs at Microsoft;
- Portia Botchway : Product development and inclusive design at Microsoft;
- Q Muhaimin : Program Manager at Xbox;
- Sarah Bond : Corporate Vice President, Game Creator Experience and Ecosystem at Microsoft;
- Pierre Hintze : Halo: Infinite production lead;
- McDonald closes : Senior Lead Producer at 343 Industries;
- Art Usher : Senior Game Designer for Minecraft;
- Jason Minters : Lead Technical Character Artist at 343 Industries;
- Clay Carmouche : director narrativo de Xbox Publishing;
Xbox launches “Project Amplify” to support Black youth interested in gaming industry careers. Learn more: https://t.co/OsAOoiCtkg
— Xbox Wire (@XboxWire) September 23, 2022
Brent Dubin, known as the Gaming Giant among Globe Live Media staff, is the chief Gaming Reporter for Globe Live Media. Having attended all the major events of Gaming around the World, he is sure to give you exactly the update related to gaming World you are looking for.