Just recently, the Mojang development studio released the extensive update 1.17 for the sandbox game Minecraft, which brought a lot of new content with it. But the team doesn’t just sit back and relax, but is already working feverishly on the next update – version 1.17.1. And it should appear earlier than many of you might have thought.
Minecraft Update 1.17.1 Release date
As Mojang has announced, the release of update 1.17.1 is for Minecraft already planned for July 6, 2021 – i.e. next Tuesday.
However, the team made it clear that the deadline could be postponed should some serious bugs arise over the next few days. Nevertheless, you should mark the 6th of July in your calendar to be on the safe side.
Minecraft Update 1.17.1 details
In terms of content, the focus of the next update is primarily on bug fixes and optimizations in order to iron out some of the flaws in version 1.17. In the future, axolotls that were previously caught will no longer constantly try to leave the water.
It also aims to fix the bug that prevents certain objects from loading on the server. You can now download a pre-release version of update 1.17.1 and take a closer look at it. Here is an overview of the changes known so far:
- MC-222731 – Captured axolotl constantly tries to leave water
- MC-224894 – Light tickets are released too early
- MC-228802 – Chunks not loading on a server / Cannot invoke “cmq.a(int, int, int)” because “☃” is null
- MC-228858 – Axolotls despawning though named and on leashes.
- MC-229246 – Piglins and piglin brutes no longer call other piglins after attacking one of them behind walls
- MC-229475 – Placing a small dripleaf results in the top half of water getting deleted
- MC-229887 – “Unable to create a jar-filesystem” warning logged upon starting the game
- Deaths of named mobs are now logged
- MC-219290 – Calcite is too quiet compared to other blocks
- MC-221656 – Creative mode obtained Bucket of Axolotl/Tropical Fish only spawns one kind axolotl/tropical fish
- MC-226926 – Emerald ore generates too often
- MC-228599 – Attempting to walk through flowing water constantly switches the player from swimming into normal mode
- MC-229191 – Diamond ore distribution changed between 1.16.5 and 1.17
- MC-229441 – You can steal the item a villager is holding for trade by killing it
- MC-229614 – Wandering Trader obtained tropical fish are only white kob
- MC-229983 – /clear command doesn’t clear certain stacks after dropping items from them
Brent Dubin, known as the Gaming Giant among Globe Live Media staff, is the chief Gaming Reporter for Globe Live Media. Having attended all the major events of Gaming around the World, he is sure to give you exactly the update related to gaming World you are looking for.