Several users have reported a Nintendo Switch error 2123-1502 which they experienced after the latest firmware update on their consoles. If you are also dealing with this error code, we suggest that you keep checking this article to learn more. While we will discuss the best possible solutions gathered from other users who have been able to eliminate the problem and include the solutions suggested by Nintendo support.
What causes Nintendo Switch error 2123-1502
Last week, the developers released the latest software update 12.0.3 which aims to provide general stability improvements and bug fixes for the Nintendo Switch. However, the firmware update appears to have triggered error code 2123-1502 as players who have the latest version installed are unable to download games purchased from Nintendo eShop or even update games that are already installed in the console. Nintendo has not confirmed that error code 2123-1502 was caused by the latest firmware update, but has temporarily suspended the rollout of version 12.0.3 one day after its release due to the alarming number of players affected by the issue. At the time of this writing,
How to fix Nintendo Switch error 2123-1502?
Below are the fixes we’ve gathered from the Switch Gamers Community Thread and Nintendo Support Troubleshooting Guide.
Correction No. 1: turn the console off and on again.
Restarting the console is one of the simple solutions that can help eliminate the problem encountered. This simple troubleshooting step is meant to upgrade your game console’s memory and update Nintendo software. Sometimes it can fix problems or remove a random bug that may be present in the device.
Correction No. 2: Download spam attempts.
Since the error code 2123-1502 appears after trying to install any game on the Nintendo eShop, forcing the download multiple times has worked for some players who are dealing with the same problem.
Correction No. 3: Change the DNS settings.
Manually changing the DNS settings on your Nintendo Switch is one of the workarounds provided by Nintendo support for error code 2123-1502. For reference, the steps to change the DNS are as follows:
- Access System Settings from the Home Menu of your console.
- Scroll down and select Internet .
- Select Internet Settings found in the right pane. The Switch will automatically search for all nearby Wi-Fi signals.
- Choose your Wifi network from the list of registered networks.
- Select Change Settings .
- Then select DNS Settings next.
- Select Manual .
- Click Primary DNS and remove the default zeroes reflected on this field.
- In the primary DNS, enter these digits 126.96.36.199 .
- Go to the Secondary DNS and remove the default zeros as well.
- Enter 188.8.131.52 manually for this field.
Correction No. 4: clear the cache of your Nintendo Switch.
According to Nintendo support, this method can also help with the problem encountered. As there are cases where cached caches can affect the performance of the device or even trigger problems while trying to download games. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to System Settings from your console’s Home menu.
- Scroll down and select System.
- In the right pane, scroll down at the bottom and select Formatting Options.
- Select Clear cache.
- Choose the user profile you want to clear cached data.
- Select Reset. Please note that any IDs, passwords, cookies and browsing history of the selected profile will be reset.
Correction No. 5: Make sure the console is connected to the internet.
If you see error code 2123-1502 when trying to download games, check if the console is currently connected to the internet. A reliable internet connection is always required when updating games or installing games on the Nintendo console.
Correction No. 6: Connect to a different wireless network.
Try connecting to a different wireless network at home if available if error 2123-1502 still exists after applying the solutions above.
Brent Dubin, known as the Gaming Giant among Globe Live Media staff, is the chief Gaming Reporter for Globe Live Media. Having attended all the major events of Gaming around the World, he is sure to give you exactly the update related to gaming World you are looking for.