With the popularization of cross-platform gaming and the growth of Discord, many users dreamed of being able to use this communication app directly from their console. Fortunately, that is no longer a dream since Discord voice chat is available on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and Xbox One as of today.
Surely you are excited to be able to use Discord from your console to communicate with your friends, right? Now what you need to know is that to take advantage of this feature, the first thing you need is to have a Discord account, an Xbox Series X | S or Xbox One console and have the Xbox and Discord applications installed on your cell phone.
Is all that ready? Alright, now the first thing you need to do is link your Xbox account with your Discord account. It doesn’t matter if you’ve done this in the past, it’s important to do it again to unlock voice chat from your Xbox console.
You can do this from the Discord app (on PC or mobile) or from your Xbox console. We leave you the steps below:
How to link your Discord and Xbox account from Discord?
- Open Discord on your PC or mobile
- Go to the Settings menu
- Select the Connections section
- Tap Add in the top right corner (on mobile) and select the Xbox logo
- Sign in with your Xbox account and follow the instructions
How to link your Discord and Xbox account from Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S?
- Turn on your Xbox console
- Go to the Console Settings menu
- Select the Account option
- Go to Linked Social Accounts
- Look for the Discord option and sign in with your Discord account
- Follow the instructions on the screen
How to use Discord voice chat?
Have you already linked your accounts? Very well! What follows is very simple. What you should keep in mind is that to choose the voice chat you want to join, you must do it from the Discord application and not from your console. That said, joining will give you the option to choose to use voice chat so that the audio of the conversation is handled through your console and not mobile.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to joining a Discord voice chat for use on your Xbox:
How to use Discord voice chat on Xbox?
- Open Discord on your mobile
- Go to the server of your choice and join the voice chat that you will use with your friends
- Swipe up to see all options
- Select the Join via Xbox option
- It will automatically take you to the Xbox app
- Select the Transfer Voice option
- Clever! You are already talking to your Discord friends from your Xbox
Keep in mind that from the Guide menu you will have the option to manage different elements of the call, such as the possibility of muting your microphone or the option of having an overlay appear with the members of the voice chat.
What did you think of this option? Do you plan to use Discord from your Xbox console? Tell us in the comments.