Read more from Author Brent Dubin here: https://globelivemedia.com/author/brent-dubin/
Globe Live Media, Monday, January 25, 2021
Friday evening, CD Projket released patch 1.1, the first of two big updates planned for the start of the year. However, while this update fixes many issues, including stability and several quests, it introduced a bug preventing progression.
Spotted this weekend by many players, the bug is found during the Down of the Street mission, which is set in the last third of Cyberpunk 2077. During this mission, Takemura must call the player in order to close the deal. However, since the patch, he appears and says nothing, thereby blocking progress or embarking on another quest. CD Projekt announces that it is already working on a hotfix, and two temporary solutions are currently offered by the studio and Kotaku :
We are working on the issue where the conversation with Takemura may not start during the quest “Down on the Street” for Cyberpunk 2077 and plan to release a patch to fix it as soon as possible. Waiting, here is a potential solution bypass.
Temporary solution offered by CD Projekt
- 1 – Load a save before Takemura and V leave Wakako’s office.
- 2 – Immediately end the conversation with Takemura in front of the desk
- 3 – Right after the end of the conversation and when the quest has been updated, advance the time by 23h
- 4 – See if the holocall is triggered and if the dialogue with Takemura starts
Temporary solution proposed by Kotaku
- Just before Takemura’s call, contact Judy
- Start a side quest and wait a full day
- Wait for Takemura’s phone call to verify that the conversation has started
Despite all the business that unfortunately drives the launch of Cyberpunk 2077, the title is a real hit according to the studio, which claimed 13 million copies sold at the end of Decemberincluding refunds. A thunderous launch on the accounting plan, confirmed by SuperData data, which announced this weekend that the title had sold out at 10.2 million dematerialized copies, of which 80% on PC.
Brent Dubin, known as the Gaming Giant among Globe Live Media staff, is the chief Gaming Reporter for Globe Live Media. Having attended all the major events of Gaming around the World, he is sure to give you exactly the update related to gaming World you are looking for.